Now Hiring: Workers Compensation Coordinator
As the largest urgent care provider in Florida, MD Now is seeking a bright, talented, and driven leader who shares in our commitment to making a positive difference for the patients, our communities, and our team members as a Workers Compensation Coordinator. We use our drive to energize, engage, and inspire each other and our communities every day. MD Now boasts a diverse team who work together to deliver exceptional medical care and embrace continuous improvement.
Under the general supervision of the Division Vice President of Occupational Health the Workers Compensation Coordinator assists in coordinating the claim needs as it relates to workers compensation injury visits. Coordinators will facilitate the processing of workers compensation injury visits inclusive of DWC25’s, claim number attainment, treatment authorization, referrals and authorizations for ancillary, specialty and diagnostic needs. Provides and ensures excellent customer service for our patients, employer clients and workers compensation carriers/adjuster/nurse case managers.
Processes submission of applicable workers’ compensation documents to employer and workers compensation carrier contacts; inclusive of, but not limited to DWC25, visit summary notes, referrals, etc.
Coordinates center level or provider level document corrections, changes or updates
Manages referrals made by providers to ancillary, specialty or diagnostics providers by securing authorization and assisting in the scheduling of appointments for the patient; advises provider when a referral request is denied. Ensures referral entity receives applicable prescription and medical records.
Work with carrier claim representatives to obtain claim numbers for workers’ compensation cases
Manages denial notifications between employer, center and patient
Manage missed workers compensation appointments; contacts patient to reschedule, notifies workers’ compensation adjuster and employer representative when applicable
Facilitates status change of claim to maximum medical improvement with provider when patient is non-compliant to care or upon request by carrier
Manages notification reporting to leadership on cases where claim numbers are not provided within a timely manner
Ensures each case has updated carrier contact information, adjuster name, phone number, fax number and email
Supports collection efforts by providing needed documentation for claim payment
Responds timely and professionally to requests for information made by employers, carriers, patients and referral entities.
Ensures compliance to HIPAA standards and regulations.
Other duties as assigned by leadership.
Performs other job-related activities as they are needed to achieve the purpose of the job.
Provides assistance to other departments as directed.
Assists and covers for other staff when necessary to maintain high productivity and efficiency in the department.
Strong oral and written communication at all levels of the organization Seeks to maintain a constructive and positive work environment.
· Associates degree in Business Administration, Health Care Services or related field is helpful.
· Experience in the Healthcare field or related field is highly desirable.
· Working knowledge of the Florida Workers’ Compensation rules and systems including Workers’ Compensation statutes, treatment parameters and billing process is helpful.
· Computer Literate: Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required.
· Air conditioned and well-illuminated office environment.
· May have several responsibilities at once. Interaction with others is constant and can be disruptive to planned daily activities.
· Work maybe stressful at times due to demands of stakeholders.
· Walking/sitting for extended periods of time.
· Availability on weekends, holidays and evenings might be required to comply with the purpose of the job.
· Occasional overtime may be required and/or hours shortened as business needs dictate.
· Traveling same day within location may be required as business need dictate.
Physical and Mental Demands:
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; listening skills, conflict resolution and problem solving.
· Self-starter; takes initiative to identify opportunities.
· Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly, orally and in writing.
· Demonstrates sound judgment, common sense and professionalism in all areas.
· Talk and hear both by person and by telephone; ability to speak clearly and effectively using proper grammar before patients and business partners, among others.
· Manages conflicting priorities.
· Use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment and clinical instruments and supplies. Reach with hands and arms. Visual sharpness is required.
· Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to accept constructive criticism and function effectively as part of a team.
· Ability to function independently and with flexibility.
· Ability to work under pressure. Able to handle multiple tasks and interruptions.
· A well-groomed, business-like appearance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.