Why You’ll Love This Job
As the largest urgent care provider in Florida, MD Now is seeking a bright, talented, and driven leader who shares in our commitment to making a positive difference for the patients, our communities, and our team members as an Occupational Health Medical Receptionist in West Palm Beach, FL.
Being the first and last point of contact for our occupational health patients, this is one of the most important roles for our company. Pick up the skills and knowledge you need to assist in coordinating the claim and service needs as it relates to occupational health and workers compensation injury visits. Experience professional and personal growth that will give you the confidence you need to advance to the top. As an Occupational Health Medical Receptionist with MD Now, you will have access to ongoing educational opportunities as well as the latest technology to help streamline your job, making this position even more inviting.
Apply for MD Now's Occupational Health Medical Receptionist job opening today to get on the path to career success!
Occupational Health Medical Receptionist Responsibilities:
• Greet patients; notify appropriate personnel of patient arrival; obtain consent forms
• Obtain accurate patient information, including insurance information, claim data, and employer information
• Obtain any associated occupational health documentation including treatment authorizations
• Upload data and check-in patients through the patient management system (EMR), Scan charts and all forms including demographic and HIPAA acknowledgment
• Facilitate the processing of workers compensation injury visits by ensuring the accuracy and completion of all occupational health services and facilitate reporting as needed, including DWC25s, claim number attainment, and referrals.
• Schedule appointments; managed missed workers compensation appointments; collect/post payments; provide patient receipts
• Responds timely and professionally to requests for information made by employers, carriers, patients, and referral entities.
• Provides and ensures excellent customer service for our patients, employers, workers compensation carriers and other referral entities.
• Help mentor new employees during their training period, answering questions and providing support
• Performs other job-related activities as they are needed to achieve the purpose of the job.
Occupational Health Medical Receptionist Qualifications and Skills:
• High school diploma or equivalent required (prefer two years of college or associate degree)
• Must be computer literate; Excel, Word and PowerPoint a plus; eClinicalWorks knowledge helpful
• Must be willing to travel/float between all MD Now regional facilities
• Experience working in a customer service environment and/or medical office setting a plus
• Multi-line switchboard experience and medical insurance/billing process/medical terminology knowledge a plus