Why You’ll Love This Job
As the largest urgent care provider in Florida, MD Now is seeking a bright, talented, and driven leader who shares in our commitment to making a positive difference for the patients, our communities, and our team members as an Occupational Health Medical Assistant (MA) in our Palm Beach County area facilities!
With MD Now, you will have the advantage of working within an exciting environment that facilitates growth, learning, collaboration, and success. Increase your Medical Assistant (MA) skills and knowledge as you assist in coordinating patient needs as it relates to occupational health and workers compensation injury visits. Enjoy the satisfaction that comes from being part of a champion team that cares about and supports one another. Become the best you can be as you provide expert services to patients throughout every medical stage from managing care to performing healthcare procedures.
Do not allow this healthcare career opportunity to pass you by! Apply for MD Now's Occupational Health Medical Assistant (MA) job opening today.
Occupational Health Medical Assistant (MA) Responsibilities:
• Triage/greet patients; obtain consent forms and ensure completion and accuracy of all necessary occupational health forms.
• Prepare patients for physical examinations, including vital signs and performing all required testing
• Enter patient medical information into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
• Perform basic lab tests and sample analysis, including venipuncture, injections, starting IVs, urinalysis, and drug & alcohol screens
• Operate and/or assist with medical equipment used to administer routine diagnostic tests
• Assist practitioners with patient examinations and procedures; assist with medication administration
• Facilitate the processing of workers compensation injury visits by ensuring the accuracy and completion of all occupational health services and facilitate reporting as needed, including DWC25s and referrals
• Responds timely and professionally to requests for information made by employers, carriers, patients, and referral entities
• Answer patient, physician offices and pharmacy phone calls; perform daily patent follow up calls
Occupational Health Medical Assistant (MA) Qualifications:
• Graduate of an accredited MA, EMT, Paramedic program and/or Army-based training program
• Medical Assistant certification or equivalent required
• Knowledge of government regulatory requirements applicable to the role is necessary
• Working knowledge of the Florida Workers’ Compensation rules and systems including Workers’ Compensation statues, treatment parameters is helpful.
• Must be willing to travel/float between all MD Now regional facilities
• Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and eClinicalWorks knowledge helpful
• One year of medical assistant, urgent care experience preferred
• CPR certification, DOT collector certification and BAT certification preferred