As the largest urgent care provider in Florida, MD Now is seeking a bright, talented, and driven leader who shares in our commitment to making a positive difference for the patients, our communities, and our team members as an Occupational Health Coordinator. We use our drive to energize, engage, and inspire each other and our communities every day. MD Now boasts a diverse team who work together to deliver exceptional medical care and embrace continuous improvement.
Under the general supervision of the Occupational Health Operations Manager, the Occupational Health Coordinator assists in coordinating the claim and service needs as it relates to occupational health services and workers compensation injury visits. Coordinators will ensure that occupational services performed are reported in a timely manner. Coordinators will facilitate the processing of workers compensation injury visits inclusive of, but not limited to DWC25’s, claim number attainment, treatment authorization, referrals and authorizations for ancillary, specialty and diagnostic needs. Provides and ensures excellent customer service for our patients, employers, and workers compensation carriers/adjuster/nurse case managers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures accuracy and completion of all occupational health services authorized by the employer and reports to authorizing entity.
2. Coordinates center level or provider level document corrections, changes, or updates.
3. Facilitates all inbound communication to the Occupational Health Department such as phone calls, emails, and faxes.
4. Responds timely and professionally to requests for information made by employers, carriers, patients, and referral entities.
5. Processes submission of applicable workers’ compensation documents to employer and workers compensation carrier contacts; inclusive of, but not limited to DWC25, visit summary notes, referrals, etc.
6. Manages referrals made by providers to ancillary, specialty, or diagnostic providers by securing authorization and assisting in the scheduling of appointments for the patient; advises provider when a referral request is denied. Ensures referral entity receives applicable prescription and medical records.
7. Work with carrier claim representatives to obtain claim numbers for workers’ compensation cases.
8. Manages denial notifications between employer, center, and patient.
9. Manage missed workers compensation appointments; contacts patient to reschedule, notifies workers’ compensation adjuster and employer representative when applicable.
10. Facilitates status change of claim to maximum medical improvement with provider when patient is non-compliant to care or upon request by carrier.
11. Manages notification reporting to leadership on cases where claim numbers are not provided within a timely manner.
12. Ensures each case has updated carrier contact information, adjuster name, phone number, fax number and email.
13. Ensures each case has updated employer contact information, supervisor name, phone number, fax number and email.
14. Develop and maintain working rapport with all referral sources and associates for optimal proficiency.
15. Supports collection efforts by providing needed documentation for claim payment.
16. Ensures compliance to HIPAA standards and regulations.
17. Other duties as assigned by leadership.
18. Performs other job-related activities as they are needed to achieve the purpose of the job.
19. Provides assistance to other departments as directed
20. Assists and covers for other staff when necessary to maintain high productivity and efficiency in the department.
21. Strong oral and written communication at all levels of the organization Seeks to maintain a constructive and positive work environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Associates degree in Business Administration, Health Care Services, Medical Administrative Assistant, or related field is helpful.
• Working knowledge of the Florida Workers’ Compensation rules and systems including Workers’ Compensation statutes, treatment parameters and billing process is helpful.
• Experience in the Healthcare field or related field is highly desirable.
• Experience in Referral Coordination is highly desirable.
• Computer Literate: eClincalWorks, Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required.