Now Hiring: Medical Records Coordinator
Under the general supervision of the Senior Director of Compliance, Quality & Risk Management, appropriately and accurately verify and process requests for medical records to be pulled for patient care, quality review, and audits in a timely manner. Accurately scan and index medical records to the appropriate chart. Release information to patients, healthcare facilities and other entities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations including HIPAA.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Appropriately and accurately pulls medical records for patient care, quality review, and audits in a timely manner.
2. Observe confidentiality and safeguards all patient related information.
3. Responsible for coordinating the release of medical information to insurance companies, lawyers, state, and federal agencies.
4. Responsible for processing of subpoenas and court orders, at the direction of the Compliance, Quality & Risk Management Senior Director.
5. Verify authorizations in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures and state and federal laws.
6. Ensure that all requests for medical records are stamped with date received and logged in the correspondence log book.
7. Notify requester when medical records are available.
8. Maintain a good working relationship within the department and other departments.
9. Adhere to Company requirements, policies and procedures and industry best practices.
10. Provide excellent customer service.
11. Answer main phone line in the department, and retrieve facsimiles and emails sent to the department.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Medical terminology knowledge preferred.
• Previous health care medical records experience preferred.
• Medical Records Custodian certification preferred.
• At least three (3) years of Medical Record Custodian experience, preferably in the healthcare or retail is desirable.
• Computer Literate: Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required.
• A comparable amount of education and experience may be substituted for degree.