Medical Receptionist for South Palm Beach County/ North Broward County Job
Fort Lauderdale, FL 29158
Back to All Jobs
Why You’ll Love This Job Are you an ambitious self-starter who would like to advance your healthcare career? Do you want to join the largest urgent care group in Florida who will invest in your ongoing success? If so, join MD Now Urgent Care as a full-time Medical Receptionist and start working toward achieving your goals at our South Palm Beach County/ North Broward County area facilities. Now serving patients in Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Lighthouse Point, and Cypress Creek.
As our Medical Receptionist, no two days will ever be the same as you meet and greet patients who will be grateful for your assistance. Here, you will join a friendly team of professionals who will support you every step of the way, plus receive the ongoing training you need to be successful and skilled in your healthcare career within an environment that encourages growth.
The time is now to get on board with Florida's largest urgent care provider! Apply today for MD Now's Medical Receptionist job opening.
Medical Receptionist Responsibilities
- Greet patients; notify appropriate personnel of patient arrival; obtain consent forms
- Obtain accurate patient information, including insurance, and enter it into the computer
- Scan charts and all forms including demographic and HIPAA acknowledgment
- Schedule appointments; collect/post payments; provide patient receipts
- Participate in educational training and orientation to maintain and advance competency
- Help mentor new employees during their training period, answering questions and providing support
Medical Receptionist Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required (prefer two years of college or associate degree)
- Must be computer literate; Excel, Word and PowerPoint a plus; eClinicalWorks knowledge helpful
- Must be willing to travel/float between all MD Now regional facilities
- Experience working in a customer service environment and/or medical office setting a plus
- Multi-line switchboard experience and medical insurance/billing process/medical terminology knowledge a plus
At MD Now Urgent Care, employee safety during the pandemic is a top priority. In addition to our standard infection control protocols, we are:
- Limiting waiting room access
- Enforcing the use of masks
- Continuous sanitization of clinics
- Providing staff with PPE