Medical Receptionist for South Broward County/ North Miami-Dade County Job
North Miami, FL 25349
Back to All Jobs
Why You’ll Love This Job MD Now Urgent Care is looking for a fun and friendly person to fill our Medical Receptionist position for our South Broward County/ North Miami-Dade County area clinics! Now serving patients in East Plantation, Davie, Hollywood, Dania Beach, Hallandale Beach, North Miami Beach, North Miami, and Miami Lakes.
In this full-time role, you will be appreciated by patients and office visitors alike as you welcome and guide them through the registration process. As Medical Receptionist with the MD Now family, you can be assured of having the support and training you need to increase your knowledge and enjoy a successful healthcare career. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a visionary company that is setting the standard for superior care.
This Medical Receptionist job opening will not last long! Join the largest urgent care group in Florida today.
Medical Receptionist Responsibilities
- Greet patients; notify appropriate personnel of patient arrival; obtain consent forms
- Obtain accurate patient information, including insurance, and enter it into the computer
- Scan charts and all forms including demographic and HIPAA acknowledgment
- Schedule appointments; collect/post payments; provide patient receipts
- Participate in educational training and orientation to maintain and advance competency
- Help mentor new employees during their training period, answering questions and providing support
Medical Receptionist Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required (prefer two years of college or associate degree)
- Must be computer literate; Excel, Word and PowerPoint a plus; eClinicalWorks knowledge helpful
- Must be willing to travel/float between all MD Now regional facilities
- One year of experience working in a customer service environment and/or medical office setting a plus
- Multi-line switchboard experience and medical insurance/billing process/medical terminology knowledge a plus
At MD Now Urgent Care, employee safety during the pandemic is a top priority. In addition to our standard infection control protocols, we are:
- Limiting waiting room access
- Enforcing the use of masks
- Providing designated COVID testing locations where providers conduct testing
- Continuous sanitization of clinics
- Providing staff with PPE
It is MD Now's intention that our Medical Receptionist will be assigned to one clinic, however you will be expected to travel within a 25 mile radius from your assigned clinic as business needs dictate.