Medical Assistant (MA) Job
Vero Beach, FL 24010
Back to All Jobs
Why You’ll Love This Job
Get ready to be positively challenged as a Medical Assistant (MA) while experiencing both professional and personal growth when you join MD Now Urgent Care in our Vero Beach clinic!
As a Medical Assistant with our visionary company, you will work side-by-side with respected healthcare professionals, gaining new knowledge and skills that, along with our many educational opportunities, will keep your healthcare career on the leading edge. This unique role will have you participating in all areas of patient care, from management to the clinical side. Here, you will have access to state-of-the-art equipment as you work within an exciting atmosphere conducive to career advancement.
Step into a bright future when you join MD Now, Florida's largest urgent care group. Apply for our Medical Assistant (MA) job opening today!
Medical Assistant (MA) Responsibilities
- Triage/greet patients; obtain consent forms; take vital signs
- Enter patient medical information into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
- Show patients to exam rooms and prepare them to see the practitioners
- Perform basic lab tests and sample analysis, including venipuncture, injections, starting IVs, urinalysis and drug screens
- Operate and/or assist with medical equipment used to administer routine diagnostic tests
- Assist practitioners with patient examinations and procedures; assist with medication administration
- Answer patient, physician offices and pharmacy phone calls; perform daily patent follow up calls
Medical Assistant (MA) Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited MA, EMT, Paramedic program and/or Army-based training program
- Medical Assistant certification or equivalent required; CPR certification required
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirements applicable to the role is necessary
- Must be willing to travel/float between all MD Now regional facilities
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and eClinicalWorks knowledge helpful
- One year of medical assistant, urgent care experience preferred
- DOT collector certification preferred; BAT certification preferred