Medical Assistant (MA) for South Palm Beach County/North Broward County Job
Fort Lauderdale, FL 23976
Back to All Jobs
Why You’ll Love This Job If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can achieve high growth, both personally and professionally, you have found it! MD Now Urgent Care is looking for someone who enjoys working in a physician-led and fun atmosphere to fill a Medical Assistant (MA) position in our South Palm Beach County/ North Broward County area clinics! Now serving patients in Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Lighthouse Point, and Cypress Creek
As a Medical Assistant (MA) with us, you will have the backing of a friendly, professional staff, all eager to support you as you provide quality healthcare services to patients throughout every medical stage from managing care to performing healthcare procedures. Work closely with respected clinicians improving your skills and adding to your knowledge base. Enjoy a satisfying healthcare career that places you on the center stage in helping patients achieve healthier lives, improving the surrounding community.
Say yes to a bright future when you onboard as MD Now's Medical Assistant (MA)! Apply for this job opening today with the largest urgent care group in Florida!
Medical Assistant (MA) Responsibilities
- Triage/greet patients; obtain consent forms; take vital signs
- Enter patient medical information into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
- Show patients to exam rooms and prepare them to see the practitioners
- Perform basic lab tests and sample analysis, including venipuncture, injections, starting IVs, urinalysis and drug screens
- Operate and/or assist with medical equipment used to administer routine diagnostic tests
- Assist practitioners with patient examinations and procedures; assist with medication administration
- Answer patient, physician offices and pharmacy phone calls; perform daily patent follow up calls
Medical Assistant (MA) Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited MA, EMT, Paramedic program and/or Army-based training program
- Medical Assistant certification or equivalent required; CPR certification required
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirements applicable to the role is necessary
- Must be willing to travel/float between all MD Now regional facilities
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and eClinicalWorks knowledge helpful
- One year of medical assistant, urgent care experience preferred
- DOT collector certification preferred; BAT certification preferred
It is MD Now's intention that our Medical Assistant will be assigned to one clinic, however you will be expected to travel within a 25 mile radius from your assigned clinic as business needs dictate.