Medical Assistant (MA) for Central to South Miami-Dade County Job
Miami, FL 23977
Back to All Jobs
Why You’ll Love This Job MD Now Urgent Care, Florida's largest urgent care group, wants someone with your medical knowledge and expertise to join us as a Medical Assistant (MA) for our Central to South Miami-Dade County area clinics! Now serving patients in Midtown, Brickell, West Flagler, Kendall, Le Jeune, Coral Way, Bird Road, Dadeland, Pinecrest, Cutler Bay, and Homestead.
This is a unique opportunity to grow with a company that will provide you with the tools and knowledge you need to be successful in your Medical Assistant (MA) career. Here, you will experience both personal and professional satisfaction as you work next to respected medical experts, changing lives for the better by delivering quality patient care. Keep your healthcare career on the leading edge with ongoing education and training opportunities, and enjoy the challenge that working in various areas of patient care brings. At MD Now, you can improve lives, one patient at a time. Apply for our Medical Assistant (MA) job opening today!
Medical Assistant (MA) Responsibilities
- Triage/greet patients; obtain consent forms; take vital signs
- Enter patient medical information into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
- Show patients to exam rooms and prepare them to see the practitioners
- Perform basic lab tests and sample analysis, including venipuncture, injections, starting IVs, urinalysis and drug screens
- Operate and/or assist with medical equipment used to administer routine diagnostic tests
- Assist practitioners with patient examinations and procedures; assist with medication administration
- Answer patient, physician offices and pharmacy phone calls; perform daily patent follow up calls
Medical Assistant (MA) Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited MA, EMT, Paramedic program and/or Army-based training program
- Medical Assistant certification or equivalent required; CPR certification required
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirements applicable to the role is necessary
- Must be willing to travel/float between all MD Now regional facilities
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and eClinicalWorks knowledge helpful
- One year of medical assistant, urgent care experience preferred
- DOT collector certification preferred; BAT certification preferred
It is MD Now's intention that our Medical Assistant will be assigned to one clinic, however you will be expected to travel within a 25 mile radius from your assigned clinic as business needs dictate.