Why You’ll Love This Job
Your success is our success at MD Now Urgent Care! Our physician-led, state-of-the-art urgent care team is looking for someone with your medical training and experience to take the reins of our Medical Assistant (MA) position in our Central Palm Beach County area clinics! Now serving patients in Greenacres, Royal Palm Beach, Lake Worth, and Delray Beach.
With access to state-of-the-art equipment, ample ongoing educational opportunities and the chance to pick up new skills while working side-by-side with esteemed medical professionals, your healthcare career is sure to quickly advance. Easily meet any challenge with the ongoing support of your healthcare team as you work in tandem to deliver quality healthcare to your patients and ensure the well-being of the surrounding community. From clinical to management duties, your work will be satisfying and rewarding, leaving you feeling accomplished, both professionally and personally, at the end of each day.
This is the perfect time to join the largest urgent care group in Florida! Apply for MD Now's Medical Assistant job opening today.
Medical Assistant (MA) Responsibilities
- Triage/greet patients; obtain consent forms; take vital signs
- Enter patient medical information into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
- Show patients to exam rooms and prepare them to see the practitioners
- Perform basic lab tests and sample analysis, including venipuncture, injections, starting IVs, urinalysis and drug screens
- Operate and/or assist with medical equipment used to administer routine diagnostic tests
- Assist practitioners with patient examinations and procedures; assist with medication administration
- Answer patient, physician offices and pharmacy phone calls; perform daily patent follow up calls
Medical Assistant (MA) Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited MA, EMT, Paramedic program and/or Army-based training program
- Medical Assistant certification or equivalent required
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirements applicable to the role is necessary
- Must be willing to travel/float between all MD Now regional facilities
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and eClinicalWorks knowledge helpful
- One year of medical assistant, urgent care experience preferred
- DOT collector certification preferred; BAT and CPR certification preferred
At MD Now Urgent Care, employee safety during the pandemic is a top priority. In addition to our standard infection control protocols, we are:
- Limiting waiting room access
- Enforcing the use of masks
- Providing designated COVID testing locations where providers conduct testing
- Continuous sanitization of clinics
- Providing staff with PPE
It is MD Now's intention that our Medical Assistant will be assigned to one clinic, however you will be expected to travel within a 25 mile radius from your assigned clinic as business needs dictate.