As the largest and fastest growing provider of urgent care in Florida, MD Now is seeking bright, talented individuals who share in our commitment to making a positive difference for patients and our communities. If you are passionate about growing your career in a physician-led environment, and have an enthusiastic “have fun” attitude, we’d love to meet you!
Under the general supervision of the Training Manager, the Field Trainer is dedicated to supporting the training needs of the organization. Coordinates and implements educational training programs, on-the-job training and continuing educations for new team members and other MD Now employees.Tasks and Responsibilities:A. Essential Duties
1. Performs training for all clinic new team members.
2. Promotes an atmosphere of positive patient relations, advocates an encouraging team environment and acts as a role model for the staff.
3. Supervises the activity of the new team members to ensure that they are performing up to the expectations.
4. Ensures new members communicate effectively with co-workers, patients, etc. with the number one priority of providing excellent customer service to all.
5. Provides Training Manager with feedback regarding training efforts and accomplishments.
6. Communicates to supervisors, Area Manager and Human Resources of any unusual behavior or training issues affecting the training dynamic such as poor attitude, inability to grasp very basic concepts, attendance and punctuality, etc.
7. Assists in developing general training instructions, written educational and supporting training materials, including but not limited to visual aids.
8. Keeps training records up to date and ensures that all clinic employees are recertified on all skills accordingly to their roles.
9. As applicable and per management request, schedules and conducts Clinical and Administrative Lead training and other classes such as CPR, BAT, Urine Collector, DOT guidelines, IV, Spirometry, Vaccine updates, OSHA, etc.
10. Submits monthly report to supervisor.
11. Coordinates and maintains the setup of facilities and audiovisual equipment related to the training function.
12. Ensures all training equipment is actively monitored during the day and is securely locked by the end of the shift. This includes but is not limited to, audiovisual equipment, training DVD’s, manuals, software, etc.
13. Maintains the integrity of training materials presented to our staff. Any new materials and any alterations in training materials must be approved in advance by the training Manager.
14. Maintains awareness of OSHA Occupational Safety & Health Administration policies and procedures and in conjunction with the Training Manager ensures that trainings are conducted safely manner and within OSHA guidelines.
15. Is familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and must initiate immediate action to correct hazardous situations.B. Incidental Duties
1. Performs other job-related activities as they are needed to achieve the purpose of the job.
2. Takes initiative and makes use of facility slow periods by assisting management as needed to ensure smooth and efficient patient flow.C. Leadership Duties
1. Leads and manages trainees to achieve goals, accomplish business objectives and contribute to overall business goals:
a. Motivates employees to improve productivity and performance.
b. Enforce organizational goals, objectives, and policies and operating procedures.
2. Supports upper management decisions in a positive and productive manner in order to accomplish business objectives and contribute to the successful accomplishment of overall business goals.D. Interpersonal Relations
1. Acts as a team player. Uses oral and written communication with employees at all levels of the business for support and sharing of information.
2. Demonstrates ability to function effectively as a part of a team.
3. Accepts constructive criticism well in an open and non-defensive manner.
4. Seeks to maintain a positive and productive work environment.E. Working Conditions
• Air conditioned and well-illuminated office environment.
• May have several responsibilities at once. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
• Work may be stressful at times due to a busy office.
• Availability on weekends, holidays and evenings is required to comply with the purpose of the job.
• Occasional overtime may be required and/or hours shortened as business needs dictate.
• Traveling to and within locations is be required as business need dictate.
• Participates in educational trainings and orientations to maintain competency.F. Physical and Mental Demands
• Excellent, presentation and speaking skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to read, write, spell in English legibly and succinctly without grammatical or communication errors.
• Talk and hear both by person and by telephone; ability to speak clearly and effectively using proper grammar before patients, employees and business partners, among others.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities. Ability to maintain a positive work ethic and a congenial attitude in the face of a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism well in an open, non-defensive manner in this detail-oriented and often challenging position.
• Ability to function independently and with flexibility.
• Ability to work under pressure. Able to handle multiple tasks and interruptions.
• A well-groomed, business-like appearance.
• Detail oriented. Visual sharpness is required.
• Use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment.
• Reach with hands and arms. Occasional lifting of moderately heavy office supplies.
• Ability to walk/sit for long periods of hours.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.