Now Hiring: Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
MD Now is the largest provider of urgent care in Florida with over 50 clinics serving patients in Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade and Indian River Counties. MD Now is seeking a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis to lead all budgeting, forecasting, and reporting processes, analyze business performance and provide insights to key business leaders, identify risks and opportunities and partner with cross-functional leaders to implement programs designed to drive business growth and mitigate risks. This role will also be responsible for the leading a team of analysts and optimizing the forecasting & analytics technologies used by the finance team (Adaptive & Power BI). The candidate must have a proven track record in leading a team and driving business growth through using data to drive actionable business insights.
The Director of FP&A position reports to the Chief Financial officer and will be expected to collaborate with accounting, operations, and information technology teams on the improvement of financial systems management, reporting and analysis optimization, and leading positive change in a rapidly growing environment.
The director must have a deep understanding of the profitability drivers necessary to achieve financial objectives in a retail and healthcare environment. He or she must have a depth of expertise in the forecasting & reporting of P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements. The director will need the ability to translate complex observations into simple-to-understand concepts and adapt their communication to address various audiences. The director must also have outstanding interpersonal skills, along with the ability to influence decision making and build strong relationships with cross-functional partners.
The individual must be a strong leader with experience in developing and leveraging talent. A strong work ethic, a high sense of urgency, the ability to learn quickly, and the passionate desire to drive results is required.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Direct and and facilitate coordination of all FP&A activities for the business including annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and multi-year outlooks
• Manage a team to design, implement, and optimize daily, weekly, and monthly forecasting & reporting processes including providing key insights to the executive leadership team
• Provide in-depth analytics regarding key P&L drivers including 1) complex insurance payor dymanics and their impact to revenue and 2) employee labor expense as it relates to clinic staffing levels, wage rates, benefits costs, etc.
• Analyze clinic profitability trends across clinics in various states of maturity and recommend courses of action to maximize business growth and profitability
• Support executive leadership team on analyzing new business opportunities including M&A activities
• Drive improved financial business acumen across functions through the creation & effective communication of KPI reporting and dashboards, as well as through coaching non-finance leaders
• Participate in or lead strategic & tactical business initiatives (may or may not be financial) that provide broad-based value for the company
• Partner directly with cross-functional team members, including members of the executive leadership team, to review function specific KPIs, P&L impacts, and opportunities
• Lead the implementation of new reporting & analytics technology (Power BI) and optimize the utilization of existing planning technologies (Adaptive)
Education & Experience:
• Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
• 8+ years working in finance with experience acting in capacity as FP&A leader responsible for analysis of P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements
• Experience managing a team responsible for FP&A and reporting activities
• Experience developing complex financial modeling
• Strong proficiency in excel and powerpoint is required
• Proficiency in PowerBI and Workday Adaptive is highly desirable
• Experience with launching or optimizing reporting & analytics technologies is highly desirable
• Experience with ERP / General Ledger cutovers is highly desirable
• Experience in retail-based companies is highly desirable
• Knowledge of the healthcare industry and medical practices is highly desirable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
MD Now is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.