Controller Job – West Palm Beach, FL
Back to All Jobs
Now Hiring: Controller:
MD Now is the largest provider of urgent care in Florida with over 50 clinics serving patients in Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade and Indian River Counties. MD Now is seeking a Controller to manage all critical financial accounting & control activities including managing monthly closing and reporting activities, establishing and maintaining proper control frameworks, leading audit activities, and optimizing financial shared service processes. This role is also directly responsible for procurement activities and managing cost optimization across the organization. The candidate must have a proven track record in leading an accounting team and partnering with cross-functional teams to support operations and optimize financial processes and controls.
The Controller position reports to the Chief Financial officer and will be expected to collaborate on improvement of financial systems management, accounting controls, shared services optimization, cost management, and leading positive change in a rapidly growing environment.
- Manage all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closing activities including managing closing checklists, reviewing accounting team’s journal entries, leading balance sheet reviews, and providing clear & concise analysis on financial statements
- Continuously enhance closing processes to improve timing and accuracy of financial statements
- Effectively manage financial systems to ensure accuracy of reporting
- Partner with 3rd party auditors to ensure seamless review of financial statements & controls
- Develop balance sheet forecasts as key inputs to cash flow forecasts
- Develop, implement, and update written policies and procedures that govern accounting and shared services controls
- Lead shared services team including Treasury, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and continuously identify areas for improved controls & efficiency
- Support standardization of methods in which the team’s work will be accomplished
- Lead Purchasing function by partnering with vendors to analyze & negotiate pricing, partnering with operations to understand purchasing needs, lead cost optimization efforts, and manage clinic compliance of utilizing
centralized purchasing software
- Conduct routine staff meetings within the department and manage performance of direct reports
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Deep expertise in US GAAP and relevant accounting principals including revenue recognition, lease accounting, reserve management, etc.
- Strong experience in management of accounting and financial shared services teams and processes
- Strong focus on process improvement with ability to identify opportunity areas, recommend action plan, and
execute improvements in collaborative and positive way
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to draft policies and procedures intended on keeping
financial and operational activities controlled
- Demonstrated ability to partner cross-functionally to understand upstream & downstream impacts of financial processes & controls