Clinic Manager Job – Hialeah, FL
Back to All Jobs
The Clinic Manager (CM) manages all clinical operations and supervises non-provider staff of a growing urgent care center practice. She/he is accountable for ensuring the delivery of exceptional patient care and meeting clinic operation KPI’s by directing the activities of the clinic team (MA’s/RT’s/BXMO’s) in a positive, supportive environment while working collaboratively with physicians and advanced practitioners to ensure an efficient, superior patient experience. The successful CM will have sound clinical acumen, strong communication and leadership skills, and a dedication to quality patient care and sound business management principles. This role is clinic-based and requires working in a fast-paced clinical setting. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm, with occasional needs to flex as the business requirements dictate.
Patient Care Responsibilities:
Clinic Management Responsibilities:
- Ensure that customer/patient clinical service needs are met to the best of our ability
- Interact with patients in addressing and resolving customer service concerns
- Assess, screen, and triage patients
- Perform medical treatment as ordered by provider
- Prepare and assist the provider with dispensing in-clinic prescribed medications
- Assists the provider with examinations, procedures, and other duties when needed
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals
- Ensure proper, concise, and complete EMR documentation and/or paper-based documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Assist with laboratory and radiologic follow-up with patients
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Performing additional clinical duties within the State licensing limitations of your current license when needed
- Ensure the clinic is opened and closed in accordance with operating hours and is appropriately staffed
- Ensure that business functions and clinical activities follow all company policies and procedures
- Regularly analyze operational volume and labor staffing model to determine optimal staffing requirements.
- Ensures clinic’s schedules are completed on time and with no errors, accordingly to the appropriate labor staffing model and rubric.
- Monitor clinic time and attendance records for compliance.
- Monitor clinic visit times and provide direction and guidance to ensure performance is at optimal levels.
- Adjust staffing on-the-fly according to the demands of the operation.
- Onboard, mentor and develop clinical staff talent
- Under the general direction of HR, supervise and oversee employee relations and discipline sessions, including write ups and terminations.
- Ensures all clinic staff are trained to be friendly, helpful, and proficient in their knowledge of operations.
- Oversee and lead all facility level reviews by State and Federal regulatory agencies with the assistance of our Corporate Compliance Department.
- Support quarterly inspections of the clinics as designated by the Executive Team
- Maintain properly functioning equipment while overseeing its maintenance and repair
- Order inventory and monitor usage of supplies as instructed
- Ensure the Facilities Department is maintaining the clinic in a clean and appropriate manner in order to provide safe, high quality patient care and a great employee experience
- Work with our Marketing Department to make sure all signage and corporate materials are up to date, properly displayed, and properly functioning
- Act as a back up for clinical staff when there are staffing shortages or high patient demand
- Perform other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or Advanced Practice Practitioner Program with current state licensure
- 2+ years dedicated clinical experience
- Proven proficiency in supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff via interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of the principles and processes of high-level customer service including customer issue resolution and assuring a consistently superior level of service
- Some familiarity with utilizing data-driven reports and KPI’s in developing action plans to maximize center efficiency
- Experience with venous access for medication administration, as well as venipuncture and lab specimen collections
- Working knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR), the internet, email, Microsoft Office productivity tools used in clinical management settings
License and/or Certifications:
- 1+ years of experience in Urgent Care, Emergency Room or Critical Care setting
- Experience with employer health services, worker’s compensation, and occupational medicine
- Current Florida licensure (i.e., Registered Nurse/BSN, Registered Nurse/Associate's, RN License, Physician Assistant/MMS, PA license, Nurse Practitioner/MSN, DNP, NP License
- Current BLS/ALS Certification; PALS encouraged but not required