As the largest and fastest growing provider of urgent care in Florida, MD Now is seeking bright, talented individuals who share in our commitment to making a positive difference for patients and our communities. If you are passionate about growing your career in a physician-led environment, and have an enthusiastic “have fun” attitude, we’d love to meet you!
Under the general supervision of the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Specialist is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with clients and corporate accounts. Understands the organization’s business operation and status, including the capacity that relates to the workers compensation business service line growth, competitive landscape and business trend towards better service delivery and improved service line revenue.
A. Essential Duties
1. Responsible for identifying new sales leads and business development opportunities through market and client research.
2. Leads all aspects of the sales process, while calling upon other company resources to assist in solution development, proposal delivery, and implementation, as needed or as directed by management.
3. Travels within the assigned region/county to visit practice leaders and initiates business development opportunities.
4. Liaises with workers comp staff, billing staff, regional leadership, clinic leadership, and other members of the management team regarding the development of new business leads and maintaining existing local business contacts.
5. Sets up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders to close deals, as needed.
6. Liaises with relevant staff in proposal development and is involved in tracking success ratio of such proposal.
7. Prepares RFP’s in a timely and responsible manner in keeping with all RFP requirements, deadlines and standards.
8. Communicates with enthusiasm and dedication with all existing and prospective businesses. Shows a sense of urgency by returning all calls, emails, messages and other oral and written communications.
9. Closes new business opportunities through a consultative business relationship; coordinating requirements; providing recommendations for special contract needs and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
10. Collaborates with other members of the staff towards better execution of company’s plans and business development activities.
11. Have an understanding of the governing agencies that may require specialized physicals, exams and diagnostic services, such as regulatory requirements outlined by OSHA, Department of Transportation, CDC, etc.
B. Interpersonal Relations
1. Acts as a team player. Uses oral and written communication with employees at all levels of the business for support and sharing of information.
2. Demonstrates ability to function effectively as a part of a team.
3. Accepts constructive criticism well in an open and non-defensive manner.
4. Seeks to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
C. Working Conditions
• Air conditioned and well-illuminated office environment.
• May have several responsibilities at once. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
• Work may be stressful at times due to a busy office.
• Availability on weekends, holidays and evenings is required to comply with the purpose of the job.
• Occasional extended work hours may be required and/or hours shortened as business needs dictate.
• This position requires extensive travel within the assigned county/region for meetings, trainings, and conferences.
• Participates in educational trainings and orientations to maintain competency
• If you must leave your employment with our company, we request to give us at least a two weeks resignation notice in writing.
• A non-complete agreement will be a requirement for this position
D. Physical and Mental Demands
• Enthusiastic self-starter operating with sustained energy and showing great initiative
• Comfort working with a diverse base of support, including homeowners, community leaders, volunteers, nonprofit organizations, agencies, and corporate partners, among others.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to read, write, spell in English legibly and succinctly without grammatical or communication errors.
• Talk and hear both by person and by telephone; ability to speak clearly and effectively using proper grammar before patients, employees and business partners, among others.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities. Ability to maintain a positive work ethic and a congenial attitude in the face of a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism well in an open, non-defensive manner in this detail-oriented and often challenging position.
• Ability to function independently and with flexibility.
• Ability to work under pressure. Able to handle multiple tasks and interruptions.
• A well-groomed, business-like appearance.
• Detail oriented. Visual sharpness is required.
• Reach with hands and arms. Occasional lifting of moderately heavy office supplies.
• Ability to walk/sit for long periods of hours.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Bachelors' Degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in business, marketing, health care or related field preferred. A comparable amount of experience may be substituted for degree.
• Experience in healthcare B2B, field sales, marketing or business development is highly desirable.
• Experience in the medical field is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of government regulatory requirements is required.
• Computer Literate: Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required.